Immediate Purpose of the Journey
- Formation of representative committee for cow protection with members from all religious sections.
- Start of safe havens for cows at tehsil and district levels.
- Demand to declare cow as the national animal.
- Demand on the central government to formulate laws to preserve various breeds of Indian cows.
- Demand for a separate ministry to handle the issues related to cow.
- Demand the state governments to take responsibility of cow protection and development activities.
- Demand to protect the purity of Indian breeds of cows by stopping cross breeding.
- Signature campaign resulting in an appeal to the President of India with crores together signatures.
Long Term Purpose of the Journey
- Immediate action for protection and growth of the remaining 33 breeds of Indian cows.
- Take appropriate action to stop encroachment of grazing land.
- Show the path of organic farming and check farmers’ suicide.
- Stop uncontrolled migration of villagers to towns and cities.
- Educate the farmer that cow is not giver of milk alone. It is important that it is the farmers’ responsibility to care and protect the cow.
- Educate the farmer about the gains of using oxen for farming and positive effects of organic farming.
- Develop products related with cow. Create market for products from cow urine and dung.
- Conduct serious research on the above.
- Encourage agriculture related handicraft.
- Understand the divine nature of cow.
- Prosperity of villages by devotion to cow, progress of the nation from that of villages, leading to the progress of the world.